Tuesday, November 4, 2014

White Caps

I miss the waves rolling in
The smell of the sweet salt air
Thrashing and tangling my hair

When the first cap would come
Not knowing if it was warm or cold
But unwilling to run away and fold

The feeling of freedom
That gravity has forgotten you
Being surrounded by the soft blue

Oh, how I would swim
In the ray’s of the sun
Or beneath the moon’s light

And I would fall in love each time
With the boy, with the sky
And the music that was nigh

I took it for granted then
Fixed by the fear of the unknown
Feeling the tension in my bones

Maybe it’s a simple case
That the grass is always greener
And that time, was never sure

Maybe my feet are itchy
Wishing something would catch my thrill
Because I’m tired of this autumn chill

For now, I settle on this side
Until the ocean calls for me again
And I will remember, in the end


To fall in love each time
With the boy, with the sky
And the music that will be nigh

No comments: