Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Biggest Mistake I Ever Made

It could have been a Tuesday night
But the walls were closing in
And my make-shift mattress on the floor
With boxes all around, oh it was killing

I just had to get out
I just had to get out

Throwing back double rums at the local pub
His company would have to do
And I knew what I was getting into
Oh, I thought I knew

I just had to get out
I just had to get out

The morning came while I cursed my eyelids open
Myself again, just covered in last night
This isn’t love
He didn’t even take my shirt off

I just needed to get out
I just needed to get out

Harder still was coming home
To the same four walls that drove me mad
Today they hear my tears and hold me tight
At least I’m snug, ‘cause I’m still sad


I just needed to get out…
I just needed to get out… 

No comments: