Saturday, November 30, 2013

Get Out of My Head

I can’t see a plane without thinking of an 11-letter word for money
I can’t look at the moon’s sliver without wishing the marbles were underneath
I can’t gaze upon the mountains without briefly wishing they were flat-

Get out of my head.

I can’t put on my maroon sweater without thinking of its twin on your back
I can’t feel the sun burn my head without thinking of the straw hat behind your couch
And I can’t wake up until I’ve had at least one dream about you-

Get out of my head.

I can’t clap my hands without hearing your harmonica in the background
I can’t play my guitar without wondering what melody yours would sing along
And I can’t wash the dishes without fantasizing out the window that I might see you there, waiting for me to finish because I’m taking so damn long-

Get out of my head!

I can’t look up at the stars and not wish there were more
I can’t wiggle my toes and not miss the red dirt between them
I can’t stop thinking about all the things I can’t do now that you won’t leave

my

head. 

No comments: